Gamma DataWedge is a software product that acts as a gateway between Barcode or RFID reading sensor devices, and third-party software products.
- Barcodes in the ASCII character space are always read in 100% correct way
- Ability to read from Serial (COM) or TCP/IP sources and being a TCP client or host
- Keyboard emulation output works around national keyboard layout issues
- WebQueue HTTP server output for website integration
- Handles multiple sources and outputs connected with configurable routing
- Regex based routing and filters, so only inputs matching the specified rules are directed to the outputs
- Licensing supports image-based installation that is a common industrial practice
Intended use: In certain situations, the barcode reader can be configured as a keyboard HID/USB device, and no additional software is necessary for this functionality. However, in other cases, the seamless Plug&Play integration of readers is not possible. Reasons may vary, but these are typically encoding/keyboard layout problems, when national layouts cause the operating system to read certain barcode data incorrectly, or when the device is not capable of HID emulation. Sometimes additional filters or routing must be configured for security and direct integration is not acceptable. The software may also help with intent based barcode integration for websites, where keyboard emulation would be a suboptimal and awkward solution.